Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #1

does Toronto has good streets in general ..?

By any chance any of our members that lives in Toronto can share his comments about the condition of the streets in Toronto?
Some cities are infamous for the pot holes, in So.Cal I believe that we have pretty decent pavement.

I saw a used set of JRZ II's coilovers fpr sale with (supposedly) low miles in Toronto, but this does not matter much if the streets
over there are full of potholes...

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #2

Toronto....like all big cities has both good and poor road conditions. What can I say???
Rob175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #3

The condition of the roads here are not bad in general, though you have to watch out for the occasional pothole.
I am more worried about clueless or inconsiderate drivers than potholes. Potholes you can spot, jackasses less so.
ShortRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
The condition of the roads here are not bad in general, though you have to watch out for the occasional pothole.
I am more worried about clueless or inconsiderate drivers than potholes. Potholes you can spot, jackasses less so.
Big time. Hate driving there.Everybody thinks their race car drivers.
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 AM   #5

Based on my experience (live in Toronto and have visited many US cities)... Toronto streets are quite a bit better than other northern / eastern seaboard US cities. Not as good as Arizona or California type southern cities however. One problem we have is that for a few months every spring the roads get a lot of post winter potholes. The cities are quick to fill them (they’re good at it as it happens every year), but for the months of April and May it’s like a mine field.

As another poster said though there are good and bad roads. If you drive through older residential areas those streets are rubbish. But usually you’re just creeping through them and spot anything threatening at that speed. The main roads in Toronto are far from billiard table smooth but they are pretty good especially considering how unforgiving he climate is.
Jim Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpit77 View Post
Big time. Hate driving there.Everybody thinks their race car drivers.
Not just a Toronto thing.
Too many people drive like they just knocked off a liquor store.

Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote