Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #1

Fixed auto window lowering with soldering but now having locking issues

After plenty of searching and experimentation with the door card off I managed to fix the auto lowering of the drivers side window by taking the locking mechanism apart and re - soldering the common (theres a good link somewhere to a US site where a guy details this) turns out that a crack can develop in the pcb after 1000's of door closings. Previously I had tried a new aftermarket unit (ebay £25) which did fix the issue - to be expected in hindsight as it had a good pcb - however the alarm and locks didnt work very well so I opted to put my original back on and fix the circuit board as mentioned above.

So far so happy.

Except that now the car sounds like it locks and alarms but you can open the drivers side door with the handle from the outside. The alarm will then sound. Also the passenger side door locks fine and cannot be opened with the handle.

Please help!
Cheers

davidadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Sounds like the drivers side lock actuator isn't working. If you put your ear right up to the handle when locking, can you hear it?
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #3

I listened to both sides and they both sound like they are locking. It kind of feels like when you pull the handle on the outside its overiding the lock.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #4

Any other ideas guys? Im reluctant to buy new parts until I know why its doing this. But its a total pain not being able to secure the car.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Either you didn't put something back together correctly or something else broke. Get back in there and find out.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #6

That would seem likely of course but the ebay generic one does exactly the same thing and I havent had that one apart