Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #1

Exclamation Replacing the Clutch Line

Hey all, I really need your help on this one! I did TONS of searching on this across multiple websites but I am still confused a bit.

I am in process of replacing the clutch line, as it had a leak. While trying to remove the old clutch line by using two 15m wrenches, the line tore (not a big deal, it was the side that had leaked). Now however, I am left with the joining union still attached, and I don't want to tear the other line, as that will be just throwing away money. Any tips for this? If I am able to separate the union, I will not need to buy any other parts right? I really don't want to buy that stupid hydraulic hose connector ( a small piece that is $130?!), but I may have to

Here are some pictures of the new line, the tip/male end of the new line, and the old union. You can see where the other half of the line tore. The goal is to undo the union and then 'plug in' the new end.

for reference, the new part number is: 986-423-113-26

Thanks guys!

drewmarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch , hydraulic line , repair