Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2018, 02:32 AM   #1

Suspension Question

After reading several threads on suspension upgrades, I thought I had a M030 suspension because my car is a European 2000 S. So I went to look at the VIN and the option list and did not see the 030 code on the listing. So what does this actually mean? What suspension setup is actually equipped standard on a Euro Spec S?

I have not turned up a good search that explains this yet, so turning to you experts!

Old 04-17-2018, 04:51 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
After reading several threads on suspension upgrades, I thought I had a M030 suspension because my car is a European 2000 S. So I went to look at the VIN and the option list and did not see the 030 code on the listing. So what does this actually mean? What suspension setup is actually equipped standard on a Euro Spec S?

I have not turned up a good search that explains this yet, so turning to you experts!
You just have standard S suspension. Unless your car is specified as option or retro fitted you won't have M030.
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:01 AM   #3

Even in Europe M030 was an option.

Easiest way to check if your car came from M030 from the factory is to check the sticker under the frunk for M030.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:36 AM   #4

Thanks yeah I checked it on the frunk sticker and its not listed. Appreciate the clarification. Reading the threads about the ROW M030 upgrade sounded like that might have been the standard for the EU cars.

Handles well, but now give me something to consider for enhancing the handling.
So for a decent upgrade I should use ROW M030 kit with Koni FSD shocks? Got crap roads here and I don't plan on tracking the car.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:48 AM   #5
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Depends what you mean by crap roads in Spain. I have driven in Spain a decent amount and the roads are much better than in the UK. If ride quality is a concern then stick with standard or just go FSD and standard springs. It's a waste to buy a whole M030 kit and throw away the most expensive part of the dampers and use FSD instead.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:34 AM   #6

Yeh we have some ok roads, then we have some that will rival the UK B roads as well. I lived in the UK for 3 years, and Germany for 4 years. The closest road where I can actually drive with no cameras is not very good.

What I would like is a little lower for looks, a bit stiffer for handling but not really a track car stiff. I guess maybe between autocross and street would be best description. You could be on point though, just put in the FSD's might tighten it up enough, just feels a little loose in the ass sometimes.

I like idea of M030 as it was a factory option, which as an S should have had in the first place.

So many option maybe FSD and upgraded sway bars would get it at that sweet spot get rid of some body roll.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 AM   #7
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
My requirements were similar and I used FSD and H&R -10 M030 spec springs. I already have the M030 ARBs a my car had standard fit M030. My previous car was a standard S and I retro fitted M030.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #8

Also, there was a M030 option for US cars that was less agressive than the ROW M030...
achillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
My requirements were similar and I used FSD and H&R -10 M030 spec springs. I already have the M030 ARBs a my car had standard fit M030. My previous car was a standard S and I retro fitted M030.
Sounds like a nice set up. Not sure i would want to go as low as the H&R albeit like the look, we have some mountainous speed bumps around here. Also have cobblestone in the center. Lol

So with that set up did you get what you were looking for? Reading up on the fsd they should adapt to the driving based off frequency. My car handles very good but just feels like it needs something more. Only has 52K Km not probably has original shocks, but I like to do things proper. I am making my upgrade list, will be starting on performance tweaks next. Wish I was in UK, not really any clubs or other porsche nuts too close.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #10
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
I think I have posted pics but my H&R and FSD combo is no lower than a regular albeit old and saggy M030.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
I think I have posted pics but my H&R and FSD combo is no lower than a regular albeit old and saggy M030.
Funny!