Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 03:40 AM   #21
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Ah! I was checking dimensions out under the seats I dont think a mouse could even fit under there. Might take a look where yours is at, hate to loose leg room though.
Just transport short people.

I'm sorry. I mean height disadvantaged.

Your passengers won't even know it' there if you don't tell them...

Old 03-03-2018, 04:37 AM   #22
Roboxster

To early to say anything about the sound.. these speakers are stiff and before they are played in, they will not give good sound, so do not get worried if it sounds bad at first.

I do believe that it will be good in the end.. but the car is fighting me every step of the way..

I am placing two of the amps on the frunk floor and one in the original location..
Plan on having a false floor bottom with a polycarbonate cutout in the middle.
This because of the fact that I want to use the space for luggage, and I want to keep the spare wheel.

Regarding the subwoofers, the enclosure is ca 32l when everything is gutted, so I will make a new bottom and mount the subs facing up, and I will also close up the ports so its airtight. And divide the enclosure inside.
That will probably give ca 14l for each subwoofer and manufacturer recommends 14.2l

The subs (Pioneer TS-SW2002D2) Require 67mm install depth and the inclosure will be ca 100mm so I can mount them ca 20mm deep to get them flush so maybe they can be used when the top is down.
roboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Just transport short people.

I'm sorry. I mean height disadvantaged.

Your passengers won't even know it' there if you don't tell them...
My wife rides there, if she isnt comfortable then i get no peace or piece!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #24

Pretty much need to use the Frunk for all the extras. The bulkhead just behind the spare is good for an amp, not sure if there is enough room for a changer as well. Just do a multi media head unit and bluetooth your ipod/iphone. No need for CD's...

Just no room in the cabin at all. There is enough room under the Pass seat for the tool kit. That's about it.
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Thanks. I happen to live in Spain so probably can have them sent directly. I was checking out morel’s today.

The HU i have coming has a network mode so i can use seperate out for high mids and low. After looking at space i dont see anyway to use an underseat sub. This brings me to the realization to use network mode i need good woofers in doors a 4” mid drive in dash and a tweeter. 5 channel amp, run the doors in mono for bass and mids on the 4” tweeter on high. If you have any helpful advice i am all ears.

I have realized car audio has gotten very indepth since i played with it last.
Thank You for the link, I ordered the Hertz was going back a forth.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #26

UP Date

Quick up date!
HU arrived ready to install. Shipping issue with my ebay purchase, so vendor cancelled. Now back to speaker search.

CAI just wants to sell focals, which are out of my budget. I found a vendor that builds subwoofer box with 10” sub looks nice, but $1600.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #27

Wondering how this has turned out, looking for upgrades since i blown the dashboard speakers out, with no speakers in the doors its a bit of a problem to say the least.

Dont feel like cutting up the doorpanels so looking for a setup that is good on the dashboard speaker room and perhaps a under the seat sub..

I'm open for suggestions and will keep searching the forum
Old 08-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.borrie View Post
Wondering how this has turned out, looking for upgrades since i blown the dashboard speakers out, with no speakers in the doors its a bit of a problem to say the least.

Dont feel like cutting up the doorpanels so looking for a setup that is good on the dashboard speaker room and perhaps a under the seat sub..

I'm open for suggestions and will keep searching the forum
Went well, i have 6.5 mid woofers in doors, 3 inch mid in dash and 1.5” tweeters. For sub i bought a bose footwell sub off ebay, removed the bose speaker, sealed the hole, cut out a hole to fit in an 8” thin mount sub. Used a pioneer at first but burned out voice coils now using a kicker. Sounds excellent.