Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #1

986 Temp Sensor; Right Front Radiator Grill

I just removed the bumper on my 986 and cleaned the radiators. The temp sensor which fits into a hole on the right front radiator grill on the bumper, is there a clip to hold this in place? It seems to just fit into the hole and does not appear to be too secure. I put some permatex in the hole and then plugged the sensor into the grill to keep it in place a bit better. Thank you

gmcelroy` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #2

I'm pretty sure when I pulled my bumper cover off to clean the radiators that sensor was just pressed into the right side grill. No clip - it just kind of snapped in. If I remember correctly it also was loose in the socket after it was snapped into place. (there was some play in it).
Old 01-09-2018, 04:16 AM   #3

the sensor should have a lip in the plastic/rubber that should pop it into the hole. If the sensor has come out several times, the clearance might be a bit loose. I think your plan will be fine.

Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote