Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

Garage
Sony head unit

A fun Saturday afternoon project. Touchscreen head unit with Apple Car Play is really nice. And now that the speakers are wired correctly it sounds great. But now I need some upgraded speakers. Maybe I will find some in my Christmas stocking? Alpine SPS-410 - one pair would work well!

Old 12-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #2

Garage
That looks great -- and exactly the project I'd like to do at some point. What else did you need besides the head unit to complete the project?

Thanks!
LoremPullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #3

I have the same head unit, was just about the only thing I could find that didn't look like it was designed by meth-addicted robots.

I used the $30 Metra 99-9605B dash kit for mine. Crutchfield claims that it doesn't fit my car, but it worked fine, looked good, and was much cheaper than the other 2DIN kits out there.
kirkandorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkandorules View Post
I have the same head unit, was just about the only thing I could find that didn't look like it was designed by meth-addicted robots.

I used the $30 Metra 99-9605B dash kit for mine. Crutchfield claims that it doesn't fit my car, but it worked fine, looked good, and was much cheaper than the other 2DIN kits out there.
I also used the same metra kit with mine, I also bought their wiring package and it worked fine. Only like 12 bucks with the the head unit. I ended up only using 1/2 of the harness adapter because the PO has screwed up the factory wiring for the speakers.