Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #1

intermittent wipers and return

My wipers on my '02S seem to have lost the intermittemt mode, and do not return to the lowered position when I turn them off.

The low speed and high speed work fine.

Has anyone had this and know what the fix is?

mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #2

My intermittent wipers on my '04 S were not working for a couple weeks last fall, but they magically started working again on their own. That happens periodically with my stereo, too. Sorry I can't help. I didn't have the problem with the wipers not returning to the down position, though.
PDX-986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #3

This is very strange - mine just started working on thier own again as well.
mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #4

Had the same problem!

Same thing happened to the wipers on my '02. I ignored it for a bit as it was only the intermittent wipe and an intermittent problem....then it spread to ALL wiper modes... which was very bad when driving at speed in the rain as it kept stopping the blades in mid-swipe! (and of course you only find this out when you need the damn things!) I found adjusting the telescopic wheel (just pulling it in and out once) often, but not always, got them going again though that was, obviously, a temporary fix.

After that I took it to the dealer and they replaced the switch (in the steering column at the end of the stalk) under warranty. Interestingly, they said it's not the first one they've replaced either...may be worth getting checked if you're still in your 4 year warranty...if not and you decide to leave it just remember that it might get more serious.... like mine!

Good luck and safe but fast driving!

R

Tinted ambers
18inch Turbo Twists
British Flag!
johnsonrj74 is offline   Reply With Quote