Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #1

R stripes on Boxster

I finally said what the heck and bought myself some red R stripes to go on my silver boxster. Whether you like the idea or not I ran into a glitch. The back stripes will go right over the boxster S logo. I am trying to think of solutions. Do I stop the stripes before they hit the logo, pull logo off and put stripes down and logo over stripes, or notch the stripes around the script? I don't want to remove the boxster logo. My gut says the logo will be hard to read or red and silver. I feel like since it's not an R, I can really do anything. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #2

My vote would be remove the logo, put the stripes on, and refasten the logo, they sell plastic trim adhesive at parts stores but it is messy so practice on a test piece, and if you think the logo would blend in after test fitting, maybe plasti-dip it another color
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I think under is the only thing that would look good.
Maybe a silver "Boxster" would look better than black.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #4

Whatever you go with, make sure you post up some pics! I'm think of doing R stripes on my race car this winter
Spec Boxster #714
PGas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #5

I'll take it off. The logo is silver, maybe I should paint black so it contrasts with red and silver. The car's colors are silver, black and red ,calipers.
Thanks guys. I'll post some pictures when it's done. It should look really good or really stupid. We will see.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #6

Garage
With that logo I've been wondering if it could be attached to a sheet magnet some way then you can remove the logo for polishing etc. I'm guessing it may fly off at speed though. Maybe you could imbed a few neodymium magnets in the underside of the logo? probably a bad idea.
marck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #7

hey, i don't have any logo knowledge, just wanted to urge you to post pics, I'm in the same boat,dilemma-wise. Silver 2000s with red calipers. Can't decide on stripes.thx
boxsterboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #8

Couldn't do the R because of the rear trunk lid. Not saying it can't be done, I just can't do it. I changed it up.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #9

I guess this isn't going over to well. 😄 I have the RS stickers if anyone wants to try. I used the roof decals. The hood and trunk are still available.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
I'll take it off. The logo is silver, maybe I should paint black so it contrasts with red and silver. The car's colors are silver, black and red ,calipers.
Thanks guys. I'll post some pictures when it's done. It should look really good or really stupid. We will see.

I just saw this - I think it looks really good.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #11

Me too, I like it! I thought I had posted earlier but my phone was giving me trouble..
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #12

the racing stripes reminded me of the white stripes on my dad racing cars of the early 60's (nice memories and a few pics)

But the stripes where included on the bumpers as well ..sorry, don't know how to photo-shop
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #13

I thought about the bumper but wasn't sure it would look right on a boxster. Just my opinion for this car. After working on the rear, I was glad I didn't. It would have been really tough doing the rear spoiler. The heat from the exhaust might not have been so good for the vinyl.