Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #1

Shout Out to Brey Krause Customer Support

2 years ago I bought a Brey Krause roll bar extension here in the forum classifieds. When I got it, I contacted Brey Krause and asked them what kind of tape to use under the clamps on the top of the Boxster roll bar hoops. Not only did they tell me what kind of tape, they sent me a couple of pieces free of charge. Last year I started doing HPDE's. At those events, I noticed that other Boxsters with BK roll bar extensions had side brackets with grommets over the holes that go on the seat belt shoulder anchor points. My brackets didn't have those, just bare metal.

So I contacted Brey Krause again and asked if I could buy those pieces. They wrote back and asked me to send pictures of what I had. On my BK roll bar, there is a BK logo laser cut in a piece of steel plate that is welded to the bar. They told me that my unit was a pre-production prototype that was never offered for sale. And they mailed me the pieces I inquired about for free, including new nuts, bolts and washers. BK uses a mushroom head allen bolt, my unit just had standard hex bolts.

So I just wanted to publicly give a shout out to Brey Krause's customer support, they go above and beyond!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

+10000, BK is awesome, my Recaro seats are mounted using their hardware which I had bought secondhand, and one of my BK 9044 floor mounts was missing the custom half domed washer that is used for setting up the width of the assembly in conjunction with the sub bar. They sent me one for free They also were very helpful in other phone calls for helping me get my seats set up and finding the best positions to use for the best headroom and legroom. I have called them maybe 3-4 times with questions and they are always great!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #3

What type of tape was it? I don't have the tape either.
lskolnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnick View Post
What type of tape was it? I don't have the tape either.
CS Hyde UHMW Polyethylene Rubber Adhesive Tape, Clear 1 inch This stuff, without the rubber adhesive. After I used the pieces they sent me, the next time I just bought a roll of this. I take my BK off for the winter and sometimes between my infrequent HPDE's too.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #5

My BK bar was secondhand and the tape strips were worn out, so I used helicopter tape, it is the stuff (that I believe) is used on the leading edge of rotors and propellors to protect from dirt and debris. Here is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O6BQMG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have it down low like in the photo above, I only have it on the roll hoops behind the seat where the BK bar attaches.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #6

Bookmarked their page!

newcider is offline   Reply With Quote