Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #1

Bose rear speaker/subwoofer shelf

I'm wanting to add the Bose rear speaker shelf to my MY98. Two questions, will a 2002-2004 fit? There are several on eBay but when you check the fitment chart on the site it says it wont fit my 98. One says if the car didn't come with the Bose speaker option his will not work, why, cuz you will need the harness? .............. I have the stock radio with amp in frunk. will I need anything else besides the harness?
Thanks,

WhiteyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #2

Size-wise it'll fit, the shelves are all the same size. Harness wise... couldn't tell you for sure, sorry. My guess would be no though if it's from the later models as they had a MOST based system that's not compatible with the earlier 'normal' audio wiring. I just stuck a compact sub behind the seat on my 97 and it works pretty well.
oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

If it will plug in the receiver plug will be right by the (pretty sure) passenger roll guard. I can check in AM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #4

Garage
what kind (brand) of compact subwoofer did you put in your car am interested in doing the same !
flete25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #5

Behind the seat sub

I put a Kicker 8" 150 watt powered sub enclosure behind the seat and it really punches.
I bought it on fleabay for $100 after agonizing over how to get bass in the car for quite a while.
robdelorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #6

Here is the response from the EBay seller of the Bose rear speaker shelf. I'm out of town till next week or I would look myself, is there a slot on the amp in the frunk for the rear speakers harness? I would think there would be but........ Thanks for the help, Dave

Hello,
The cars that originally came with this option were pre wired for it and have the amplifiers adjusted for them typically. We put in there that if you try to put it in a car that doesn't have that originally then it would need modifications to make it work. There might be info for it online on the forums.

WhiteyII is offline   Reply With Quote