Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

No sound radio

Went out to go for a drive and click click click ☹ Jumped it, all good. Go for a drive and my radio has no sound. All dials work, volume shows on face, no sound. Didn't ask for code because the battery still had some juice. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Check the fuse on the amplifier.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Check the fuse on the amplifier.
Uh 😲

Would that be in the fuse panel with the rest of the fuses or on the amp. It's a Bose stereo.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
Custom User Title Here

Garage
On the amp itself.
I'm not real familiar with the Bose system, but that's the first thing I'd check.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
MWS

Similar situation (although I do not remember if the unit showed power, just no sound) a few years ago when I used the "fuse box procedure" for opening the frunk due to a dead battery. I should state I don't have Bose, but I found the fuse on the back of the head unit blown, and many other electrical gremlins that were driving me mad. I ended up disconnecting the battery for a bit, and everything ended up working as normal.

What I learned is if not driving vehicle for a period of time, I keep the frunk ajar (removing the frunk light of course), and for winter I always use a battery tender.

I believe these cars electronics are very delicate when it comes to jumping, or for that matter, the frunk opening procedure I mentioned earlier (personally, I will never do that again).

Best wishes.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
I am No. 1348

Garage
Don't you need to re-enter the radio code once power is disconnected from the radio in non MOST systems?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Don't you need to re-enter the radio code once power is disconnected from the radio in non MOST systems?
I think if your battery goes completely dead you do but mine still had some charge. Just not enough to start it. Radio seems fine, everything works just no sound. Going to check my amp fuse soon.
I need to drive it more to keep the battery charged 🙄
Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
Similar situation (although I do not remember if the unit showed power, just no sound) a few years ago when I used the "fuse box procedure" for opening the frunk due to a dead battery. I should state I don't have Bose, but I found the fuse on the back of the head unit blown, and many other electrical gremlins that were driving me mad. I ended up disconnecting the battery for a bit, and everything ended up working as normal.

What I learned is if not driving vehicle for a period of time, I keep the frunk ajar (removing the frunk light of course), and for winter I always use a battery tender.

I believe these cars electronics are very delicate when it comes to jumping, or for that matter, the frunk opening procedure I mentioned earlier (personally, I will never do that again).

Best wishes.

I have done that many times. Usually with the battery tender as source voltage. I have never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk