Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #21

Garage
Just ordered the newest Nulaxy. Looks like a simple solution to get my wife's music collection to play in the car ... vs. tearing up the dash or burning 500 CDs...

FoxRvrBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #22

Update

For a simple solution, I purchased this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FV8P24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1-2 minute set up and install, song reception was very good, no concerns at all and really with the top down nothing is going to be great. I didn't bother trying to use it for phone calls given I drive with the top down 98% of the time and it would be hard for the other party to hear.
One major concern was how far it stuck out from the input (see picture below). This is a deal breaker for me since it seemed to come loose after a bit. It never fell out, but it seems too heavy for itself in this application.

Request: Does anyone have one of these that has a shorter 'post' ? I would want it as flush as possible to the dash.

As for the Transitblu, when I called the dealer that is what they recommended for a low cost solution. I was quoted 2 hours labor at $129/hour plus the $80 for the item. I may continue to try the amazon route first, but realize this probably is the best version of this type/solution.

Asked about the Continental with my MOST, but haven't heard back yet from their in house audio guy.
Mark8122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #23

Installed my TranzitBlu today. Awesome result. See the post here:

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/37273-what-did-you-do-your-boxster-today.html
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #24
I am No. 1348

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Nice Job Fred! Glad you like the setup. Did you get accessory power from the Cell Phone Plug or did you go to the Ignition? I was luck to find the Cell phone plub and that worked great.

I agree, it is such a great solution for us Spyder owners. It's easily reversible if we ever want to get it back to stock.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Nice Job Fred! Glad you like the setup. Did you get accessory power from the Cell Phone Plug or did you go to the Ignition? I was luck to find the Cell phone plub and that worked great.

I agree, it is such a great solution for us Spyder owners. It's easily reversible if we ever want to get it back to stock.
Thanks Al, you were my inspiration for the mic location I actually bought a second CD case and dremeled it. I have the original stashed safely away.

I had previously run power from a switched fuse (I forget which one) to my Valentine 1 so I just tapped into that run. Using the cell phone plug is a great idea.

Just finished the yard, going to cleanup and then take it out for a 'sound test' drive (like I need an excuse)

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 07-29-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote