Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #1

Upstate NY PDR referrals?

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone!

Any recommendations for an excellent PDR person in upstate NY? I'm in the Catskills but no problem to travel further upstate / NJ / Conn / etc for the right person.

Thanks in advance.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #2

Fred you sound like someone from Long Island or Westchester calling the Catskills "Upstate NY". Ogdensburg, Lake Placid, the 1,000 Islands, Niagra Falls, Rochester, they are "Upstate!"

Back to your question, US Dent Guys, 908-713-1333 have done excellent work for me but you would need to travel down to North-central New Jersey. I highly recommend them if you can't find someone more local. You would be dealing directly with the guy who will be fixing your issue, he will tell you how much and how good the results will be before you decide to go ahead with it.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Fred you sound like someone from Long Island or Westchester calling the Catskills "Upstate NY". Ogdensburg, Lake Placid, the 1,000 Islands, Niagra Falls, Rochester, they are "Upstate!"

Back to your question, US Dent Guys, 908-713-1333 have done excellent work for me but you would need to travel down to North-central New Jersey. I highly recommend them if you can't find someone more local. You would be dealing directly with the guy who will be fixing your issue, he will tell you how much and how good the results will be before you decide to go ahead with it.
Hi Paul, thanks for the referral, I'll give them a call. No problem to head that way (retirement is great).

Yup, picked up the "upstate" habit from our NYC and NJ friends Can't wait to take the 986 really upstate
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 07-05-2017, 05:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Hi Paul, thanks for the referral, I'll give them a call. No problem to head that way (retirement is great).

Yup, picked up the "upstate" habit from our NYC and NJ friends Can't wait to take the 986 really upstate
I'll be passing through the Catskills straight up to Plattsburgh a week from tomorrow o my way to Mt Tremblant for a 3 day HPDE. Good luck with the dent(s), Marty fixed one on my S rear trunk, one on my Acura TL door and one on my wife's MDX door and they all came out perfect!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

Great experience with Central NY PDR guy

Found my PDR guy!

After discussion of my needs by phone and photos, I made an appointment to meet Rob of CNY Dent Repair at West Branch Classics in Walton. He was there doing some work for some of West Branches’ other clients.

Rob did a great job on my 986. I had a nasty depression dent just above the rocker panel behind the passenger door and a ding between the air intake and door on the same side (from the P.O., who knows how) and Rob disappeared them completely. No access to work them from behind, he did everything from the outer surface. Also had some very minor depressions removed from the frunk and trunk lids.

Anyway, the car is as close to perfect as it can be now. Glad I found someone who really knows what they’re doing that was willing to meet close to home.