Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Another water drains question

So I just dried out and put my Boxster's interior back together before cleaning the drains. When I tried to clean the front left drain (the one under the A/C condenser), the grommet/hose fell inside the car (or maybe outside?)! So now I just have a hole in the firewall with nothing attached to it.

My question is: is this hole above anything that shouldn't catch water? When I stick my finger through it I can feel a metal piece right below it. My concern is that without the hose to route the water around this piece (and possibly others) water will now puddle on this piece and seep into the inside. Or will the water just sloppily splash its way down to the outside and onto the ground? I know it's an awfully specific question but does anyone know the answer?

Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:14 AM   #2

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but someone else ran into the exact same situation you describe recently and they were able to retrieve the drain grommet/hose and reinstall it in the hole. Search the messages and you should be able to find it.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:37 AM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
This is the thread BirdDog was talking about:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/66146-need-everyones-help-pushed-front-drain-hole-grommet-through-hole.html

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:53 AM   #4

Thanks, found it! Too tired last night to think of searching with the word "grommet".

Here it is for future reference: Front water drain grommet pushed in

I would still like to know where the water goes without the grommet & hose in place. I would hate another flash flood inside my car while waiting for a replacement grommet...

Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote