Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #1

60,000 Mile Service & "RE-certification"?

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my 01 Boxster with 42,000 miles on it in November of 2005, since then I have driven it A LOT, I am now at 58,500 miles, so I have been eyeing my 60,000 mile service....does anyone have a wild guess as to how much the service might run? In addition to this, I have sinced moved to a different city and the dealership that I purchased the car from just called me to inform me that when I purchased my vehicle, that some part of the certification process was not properly completed, and since I don't live in Shreveport, LA anymore, I could bring the car into any Porsche dealership (New Orleans) and have THEM contact the dealership that sold me the vehicle and they will "re-certify" my vehicle..... Any thoughts or experiences or advice or similar experiences from any of you guys?

joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #2

Smile

Did you buy this car as a CPO car from Porsche??

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #3

My 30K service was $850 so that's the last time the dealer saw it. 60K was a $150 DIY.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 AM   #4

My 30k was $777. 30k and 60k are the same except 60k also includes replacing the polyrib belt.

Hope this helps...

Nick
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #5

Yes it was a CPO from a Porsche Dealership - Moffitt in Shreveport, LA
Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Everything except the fuel filter are an EASY DIY. You could buy all the parts for around $100 and pay a independent shop to change your fuel filter(car has to be completely off the ground). The fuel filter change should be $80-100 in labor.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #7

Smile

"when I purchased my vehicle, that some part of the certification process was not properly completed, and since I don't live in Shreveport, LA anymore, I could bring the car into any Porsche dealership (New Orleans) and have THEM contact the dealership that sold me the vehicle and they will "re-certify" my vehicle..... Any thoughts or experiences or advice or similar experiences from any of you guys?"

I would do this immediately. When Porsche issues the CPO, it is designated as so in the central service data base that all Porsche dealers access. If this process is not done correctly, you will get a very bad surprise when your car next needs warranty covered items.

JUMP ON THIS RIGHT AWAY! These dealers are very slick on the CPO and the original selling dealer may be trying to slide on by.

Keep us posted.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #8

I made an appointment at the local dealership here in New Orleans for July 6, 2006....Do you think it would be best for me to bite the bullet and take it back to the original dealership(5 hours away) and let them clean up their mess? or is it something that any dealership can clear up?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua6060
I made an appointment at the local dealership here in New Orleans for July 6, 2006....Do you think it would be best for me to bite the bullet and take it back to the original dealership(5 hours away) and let them clean up their mess? or is it something that any dealership can clear up?
Hi,

I don't know what another dealership could, or would be willing to do, call and find out. One thing for certain, you do not have the same leverage at a new dealer as you do with the one you bought it from...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
I would call the selling dealer and try to get this all handled by phone. No need to drive 5 hrs if you don't need to.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #11

Local Dealership asked to reschedule the appointment until Next Wednesday when the master mechanic would be available...However during my courtesy phone call from the local New Orleans dealership, the service manager informed me that his master mechanic would be completely "re-certifying" the vehicle I'm not really sure what the question is or why......does anyone have any words of wisdom for me in this situation? What can I do to protect myself down the line since there seems to be some error or work not correctly completed by the original dealership that sold me the Boxster (Moffitt in Shreveport, LA)
Old 07-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #12

Angry

Quote:
Local Dealership asked to reschedule the appointment until Next Wednesday when the master mechanic would be available...However during my courtesy phone call from the local New Orleans dealership, the service manager informed me that his master mechanic would be completely "re-certifying" the vehicle I'm not really sure what the question is or why......does anyone have any words of wisdom for me in this situation? What can I do to protect myself down the line since there seems to be some error or work not correctly completed by the original dealership that sold me the Boxster (Moffitt in Shreveport, LA)
Sounds like the original dealer either did NOT do the CPO certification at all or did not do it correctly.

The key points are:

Who is paying for this re-certification? Make sure you know in advance that it is NOT YOU!

What is the exact status of the CPO warranty right now? Right now, your VIN in the Porsche service computer should have the extended warranty date in it. If it does NOT, you have a world of trouble.

I would suggest you get your selling dealer on the phone and clarify exactly WHAT the H.. is going on!

Danger Will Robinson!