Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbasco View Post
Why put vents to the rear bumper??
one of the things i've noticed - look above the transmission - that's a long flat surface that will collect air. no vents and you have a parachute. vent in the proper place and you have a rear diffuser, posing as a vent, in a class that doesn't allow rear diffusers ...

sort of like the vent the front fender liner trick - tell everyone that it is to get more airflow onto the front brakes (brake cooling allowed) but really it is to redirect air that would otherwise be going under the car and creating lift.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Todd View Post
Hey... lots of good suggestions here. Thanks. My buddy Good Todd is working with me on the yellow car.

But I have to laugh...i've seen innumerable threads of interesting discussions about upgrades to cars for track use and always.... I mean ALWAYS... there is some douche bag who posts a fatherly bit of advice that the original poster really should work on their driving skill before upgrading their car.

Thanks Vince. As impressed as I am that you have a comp. license with the Fiat Club of America and that you held a lap record at Watkins Glen in the Douche Bag GTS8 class, you look like an idiot giving driving advice to someone you've never met (or raced against for that matter).

Thanks to everyone else for giving useful advice on the actual topic of the thread, ideas for making a project Boxster car good for the track.

Evil Todd (for Tabbasco aka Good Todd)
Wow! I'm sorry that I offended you.

Sincerely,
Douche Bag of Fatherly Advice
m332is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #23
Rennzenn

Garage
The wing is a fiberglass reproduction of the Aerokit II spoiler. It's either MA Shaw or Getty Designs. The trunk lid/spoiler is a custom blend of two readily available parts. The trunklid itself was part of a package with the wing, and originally covered up the stock air dam. To this longer trunklid I had the local body guys add in one of the cayman-type fiberglass wings that usually mounts on the retractable spoiler uprights. I was going for a 996 GT3 look.