Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #1

Arrived safe and sound

I just recently moved from AZ to Central Ohio and had the Box transported out and it just arrived. I was just curious how is the Porsche/Boxster scene out here in the Mid-West? Anybody on here get together for events or drives? There is a lot of cool country roads out here.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #2

Welcome New Buckeye!

There's a Porsche-specific car show in Granville - maybe 1/2 hour to 45 minutes east from Westerville on 161 - roundabout June or so.

Aside from that, you're roughly 45 minutes away from Mid-Ohio up 71, and the Vintage races there are always a treat.

If you need service, Kraftwerks up in Marengo is the Real Deal - the only LN Engineering certified IMS installer in Ohio, and they are pretty close to you.

Hope you like OSU athletics - prepare to be bombarded with football coverage come fall.

DM / Powell, north of the zoo.
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:30 AM   #3

Im originally from Ohio and moved away for a few years so I'm all aware of the OSU madness here. I was wondering if there are any good Porsche mechanics here so thanks for the advise! Im planning on hitting the vintage races at Mid Ohio. How is the MORPCA here?
Old 03-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave80GTSi View Post
Aside from that, you're roughly 45 minutes away from Mid-Ohio up 71, and the Vintage races there are always a treat.
I had the opportunity to visit Mid Ohio, once for the vintage races and then for the SCCA finals last year and it is an awesome place, definitely looking forward to the opportunity to drive in that track
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
Master Brewer

Garage
Plenty of great driving around the Columbus area. I second Kraftworks, Jeff is a stand up guy. The MORPCA is very active with lot's of members and get togethers. I'm NORPCA and sometimes poach in on MORPCA events including P2O in Granville. Mid-Ohio is a gem hidden away in the countryside.

BTW....Nice car!

2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Bootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote