Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #1

Window Problem

I recently discovered a new problem with my driver side window; The window would drop 1/4" and immediately raised back up after I open the door. Normally it would drop and raise only after the door is shut. I also notice that the window would stay at its 1/4" drop position when I hold the door open. Passenger side window is fine. Both windows would go down as normal when the top lever is released. Both windows operate fine up and down. Any ideas on what can be causing this?

GWPORSCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #2

Could be a relay or microswitch gone out or the regulator. The relay or microswitch is a lot cheaper. Regulators do go out though. I just had my passenger side window regulator replaced because it was acting just like you said yours is.

Check to see if it's going up more on the front side or the back side. This is also classic regulator worn out type of activity.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 AM   #3

Thank you Randall, do you think there may be other possibility aside from the microswitch? I did find the same information on the Renn website
GWPORSCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #4

Of course there could be other issues! It's a complicated P-Car!

Let's just hope it's a relay, a microswitch or something cheap... although microswitches can get somewhat expensive, say $100.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote