Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #1

Several questions and issues, please help!

Well my '04 986S is been running flawlessly (*knocks on wood*) however I have some questions to ask.
  • Lately when I get into the car and I press the clutch to turn on the engine I hear a squeek noise. It did not use to happen and sometimes it does not happen. Could it be rain or my bad driving?
  • First to second gear feels extremely hard, I feel like I have to switch around 3500RPM, if I dont I always hear some kind of a clutch-fart-noise coming out to the engine. Could it be my driving? Would this ruin my clutch or my engine?
  • I want to store my car for about a month and a half, should I get the battery charger?

Any additional driving tips for a Porsche? I feel like my driving skills on every manual car fine except this one. The clutch is very stiff and I have a hard time to adjust after driving my Audi A3 everyday. Sometimes I feel I am a terrible driver for this car but there is NO WAY I am getting such a car automatic.

aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
bmussatti

aBsOlUt, I would recommend that you get the battery maintainer. They are about $55 from www.sunsetporsche.com and www.suncoastporsche.com.

As for driving tips, join your local PCA Club, and do some driver's education events.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
bmussatti

Here's what you need:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=98061198100&Category_Code=POTEBXSS
Old 06-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #4

Ok thanks for the battery info.

However, the squeek is very annoying and increasing. I just let the car for about 1hour after driving and then I went to test it out. I press the clutch so I can turn on the engine and I hear this relatively loud squeek like it has become rusty or some kind of problem.

Help?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:40 PM   #5

Where is the noise coming from?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #6

At the back/underneath (I would think the engine), it happens before I turn on the engine, when I do it goes away.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBsOlUt
Well my '04 986S is been running flawlessly ... except (sic)...
Hi,

How many miles? Is it Clutch time??

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #8

When I bought the car it had 6900 miles. Now it has about 10600.

Should I get it checked?

Update: After about 3 hours of inactivity I went again to the car. No squeek anymore. I pressed it like 5-6 times and it was as normal.

Could it be that it was raining? Ideas? My driving maybe?

Last edited by aBsOlUt; 06-13-2006 at 08:34 PM.