Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #41
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
sorry to be lazy but how many dollars is your car insurance?
I pay $2100 a year despite never having been in an accident or ever having a speeding ticket in 11 years. I filled up my tank this week and spent $43.
p.s.
Miami Beach without the attitude? when do I book my flight!

As for Al Zarkawi the sheep fuc@ker, what comes around goes around. Too bad it took this long. But its true, one sheep fuc@ker taken down only results in 20 more waiting to take his pathetic place.
$1670 USD with todays exchange rate. Keep in mind the car cost about $80,000 USD here (and it is not the S model) due to importantion taxes so I consider it cheap. My driving recond here is clean. 50,000 pesos is about $20 and I got 1/2 a tank for that so I guess the price of gass is close. Al Zarkawi is enjoying is 70 virgins in hell.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #42

wow its not much cheaper over there than it is here in the NYC area, That's hard to believe. At least tell me you can buy a nice house for less than $500,000!

RN,
You don't want to drive in the hills in any South American coutry. That's where the communist lunatic Rebels like to kidnap unsuspecting Americans like us.
We had to work with a K & R firm once to negotiate the return of this businessman who went nature hiking in heart of a battle zone of guerillas shooting at goverment troops and then some mercenary para military dudes waiting to shoot up what was left. The people there seem allot like the Isrealis I have worked with, danger all around and they're asking where the party is??!

Stay in the urban cities is what we were told. Same goes for Brazil, big kidnapping problem over there too.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #43
bmussatti

[QUOTE=Perfectlap]RN,
You don't want to drive in the hills in any South American coutry. That's where the communist lunatic Rebels like to kidnap unsuspecting Americans like us.
We had to work with a K & R firm once to negotiate the return of this businessman who went nature hiking in heart of a battle zone of guerillas shooting at goverment troops and then some mercenary para military dudes waiting to shoot up what was left. The people there seem allot like the Isrealis I have worked with, danger all around and they're asking where the party is??!/QUOTE]

I think Meg Ryan played the wife....right?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #44
cartagena

Quote:
We had to work with a K & R firm once to negotiate the return of this businessman who went nature hiking in heart of a battle zone of guerillas shooting at goverment troops and then some mercenary para military dudes waiting to shoot up what was left. The people there seem allot like the Isrealis I have worked with, danger all around and they're asking where the party is??!

Stay in the urban cities is what we were told. Same goes for Brazil, big kidnapping problem over there too.
Oh come on, this is a joke? There are "some" bad areas here but most of the place is perfectly safe. You just got to know where to go and where not to go. Ya, hiking in the hot zone would be dumb but there are other areas that are just as safe as anywhere in the US.

Would you tell someone not to go to NYC due to the terrorists attacks? Watch out for people like Timothy McVeigh before coming to the US? And lets all remember not to drive down I90 due to the snipers.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #45

Man on Fire with Denzel Washington was more accurate. I know people who worked on that film. Nowadays they have this "express kidnapping" where ordinary people are kidnapped for as little as $500 and returned the next day. All carried out by low level street gangs. Very dangerous.

Cartagena, will you be taking your Boxster for drives in the hills?

as for NYC, its no joke but we are no more prepared for a terrorsit attack than we were 5 years ago. I still don't see bomb snfiffing dogs in the subways, no special x ray machines anywhere, barely a few military personnel (not 30 on a single block like you), air port procedureds still suck here at JFK and NEwark, I don't even see special see through garbage cans in the subways. Believe me its on the back of everyones minds. NYC is a very "tense" town in the areas where large numbers of people have to occupy the same space like Penn Station, Grand Central, The Port Authority, etc. not at all "friendly".
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-08-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #46

Theres some places in Chicago I wouldn't dare go into, night OR day!!

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #47
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigislandboxster
Theres some places in Chicago I wouldn't dare go into, night OR day!!
I have been in Bogota, Medellin, Barranquilla, Cartagena, Bucaramanga, Santa Marta, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Fortaleza, Buenos Aries, Caracas and probably a two dozen other South American cities.

But there was NOTHING as scary as the night I made a wrong turn in Detroit.

Last edited by cartagena; 06-08-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #48
cartagena

Quote:
Cartagena, will you be taking your Boxster for drives in the hills?
The dealership sent the documents yesterday. I am still waiting today for the arrival, mayyyyybe in the next hour. When that happens I will go directly to my car, start it, and drive out of the city on the highway at maximum speed.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
The dealership sent the documents yesterday. I am still waiting today for the arrival, mayyyyybe in the next hour. When that happens I will go directly to my car, start it, and drive out of the city on the highway at maximum speed.
Lets hope the paperwork gets there and you can have some fun!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #50

wow you guys pay high insurance.i pay $2200 a year to insure my 99 boxster,2005 audi a4 and insurace for my condo.$2200 canadian.but parts and upkeep are higher here in canada.maybe everyone should move to canada.EHH
arcticnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #51
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticnorth
wow you guys pay high insurance.i pay $2200 a year to insure my 99 boxster,2005 audi a4 and insurace for my condo.$2200 canadian.but parts and upkeep are higher here in canada.maybe everyone should move to canada.EHH
When I lived in Toronto I was quoted $9000 per year for a Dodge Stealth. My driving record in Canada is less than impressive with convictions for careless driving and no insurance. Back when I was in university I got caught with no insurance, that was like 14 years ago, but they keep that on the record (or at least they had it still in the computer 5 years ago). I think getting caught with no insurance is the worse thing in Canada since it is like slapping them in the face. I never owned a car in Canada in my name after that. On another interesting note they never collected the $500 fine either. Because it is not a criminal conviction they cannot issue a warrant, and because it is not a driving conviction they cannot suspend the licence (at least not 14 years ago!). Even to this day they collection agency in Brampton sends letters to my parents house asking for the $500. I tell them that if they ever call to come down to Colombia to collect it.

Last edited by cartagena; 06-08-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #52
cartagena

Still waiting to drive it!!!!!

Last edited by cartagena; 06-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #53

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Alot of you guys pay nothing for insurance. It is $4,000 a year for me to drive my Boxster since Im 18. I do not have a single ticket and I did this program to get a 10% reduction in my insurance and its still $4,000 a year and its a 99! Damn AAA!
Typically how old do you have to be driving for insurance rates to drop?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #54
bmussatti

I think I see your "assistants" a$$ print on the rear fender!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 PM   #55
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Alot of you guys pay nothing for insurance. It is $4,000 a year for me to drive my Boxster since Im 18. I do not have a single ticket and I did this program to get a 10% reduction in my insurance and its still $4,000 a year and its a 99! Damn AAA!
Typically how old do you have to be driving for insurance rates to drop?
I think 25 and then maybe another break when you get married.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #56
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I think I see your "assistants" a$$ print on the rear fender!

Her a$$ is so small that if she sat on it there would be no print.

Last edited by cartagena; 06-08-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #57
bmussatti

It's a crime that she is allowed to sit on that thing!!
Old 06-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #58
bmussatti

Hey Cartagena, are you sure your assistant isn't from Jamaica?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #59
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Hey Cartagena, are you sure your assistant isn't from Jamaica?

Yes, I am sure since she did not steal the car when she had the keys.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #60
creseida

Youch, you guys are paying a lot for insurance! I pay $1200 a year for the Box, a Lincoln Continental, a Jeep Cherokee, a Dodge Pick-em-up truck, a Chryslerati TC and a Horse Van on an International Harvester Loadstar chassis...think Uhaul truck designed to carry 4 horses.