Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 10:20 PM   #1

Electric window and alarm question?

Just getting into my 2004 Boxster S. Not sure but when I put the roof up I have to close the windows manually. Is this correct? On other convertibles that I have had they usually go up by themselves when the roof has finished closing. Also having problems with the alarm system. I am not getting any hazard flashers when I lock and unlock with the remote, and it doesn't always lock. I do get a double horn noise occasionally as well which the handbook says could indicate a fault in the system. Would like to try to sort it without taking it to Porsche, any ideas?

davshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #2

Garage
Yes, manual window close is normal. When was the last time you replaced the battery in the remote?
mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:57 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davshar View Post
Just getting into my 2004 Boxster S. Not sure but when I put the roof up I have to close the windows manually. Is this correct? On other convertibles that I have had they usually go up by themselves when the roof has finished closing. Also having problems with the alarm system. I am not getting any hazard flashers when I lock and unlock with the remote, and it doesn't always lock. I do get a double horn noise occasionally as well which the handbook says could indicate a fault in the system. Would like to try to sort it without taking it to Porsche, any ideas?
On MY2001S the windows drop about 3 inches when the center roof latch is released to open the roof. When the center roof is latched in the closed position both windows close automatically.

I would think it would operate the same on a MY2004. But I don't know.

I would check the switch in the roof and make sure your center console is closed. Battery inspection is a good idea.
Phat Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfranz View Post
Yes, manual window close is normal. When was the last time you replaced the battery in the remote?

I haven’t replaced it so will try that. I can lock it manually with the key and when I get in I have to open the passenger door by operating the lever twice, it then gives me a beep beep alarm.

davshar is offline   Reply With Quote