Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #1

lights don't go off

Went on vacation and returned to find a dead battery in my '01 base. Put in a new battery (yea warranties) and all good; I thought. In the dark I saw the trunk indicator lights were on;tried the light switch and now the trunk indicators AND the clock,odometer and speedometer lights refuse to shut down! The trunk lights must have killed the battery since they weren't visible in the daylight but what's going on now??? TIA

TPRJIMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Project Addicted

The dash and those things will stay lit for a bit after the key is pulled. Trunk light should be on a switch but I have never seen a pin switch so it can be assumed its in the latch. Pull the bulb before you end up dead again. Careful the bugger gets hot!
1986 944, 2000 Boxster
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

Have you replaced your ignition switch yet? I've experienced all sorts of weird stuff from bad switches....AC that wouldn't work sometimes, then blow perfect next time. Interior lighting that wouldn't turn off, all sorts of random crap that would be solved by replacing a $15 part.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote