Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 05:06 AM   #1

Nut size bilstein hd

Anyone know the nut size for the bilstein hd. I like to pick a couple up so I am ready when the struts are out. Rears.
Thanks

DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #2

14x1.5, #9 on here, sometimes you can get the fastener specs from these diagrams:

Shock Absorber Coil Spring

If I was getting these locally I would get the best ones I could get (at my local Fastenal they have a good selection of class 8 and class 10 metric hardware) in some form of lock nut. I would probably just get new Porsche ones since they are not too expensive. Pelican is the best for having these sorts of things in stock instead of having to wait 2-3 extra days and their shipping isn't too bad.

I keep meaning to start a list of small OEM Porsche parts that I need non-urgently but aren't worth a dedicated order, so that when I do make an order, I don't forget to add them
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #3

Hi Steve,
Do you know if I break one of the ball joints when disconnect LCA from carrier, can they be replaced or is it the whole arm? I couldn't find a ball joint on pelican. Oh, I have ruined yet but I am preparing for worse.
Thanks,
David
Old 08-31-2016, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
Hi Steve,
Do you know if I break one of the ball joints when disconnect LCA from carrier, can they be replaced or is it the whole arm? I couldn't find a ball joint on pelican. Oh, I have ruined yet but I am preparing for worse.
Thanks,
David
The ball joint on the LCA is not replaceable, but... there is an affordable replacement, Meyle LCA are around $100, and Woody probably has some good used ones for much much less.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/porsche-control-arm-rear-lower-911-boxster-cayman-4160500000
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #5

Thanks. Any tip on getting the ball joint free. Advice? Instructions mention hammer.