Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #1

Horn beeps for some reason???

Sometimes, when I lock my car using the lock button on the ignition key the horn beeps, I have open and closed everything, the top, doors, made sure every thing was in the off position(radio, ac etc) but the horn still beeps, can anyone offer a suggestion as to why?

joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #2

Mine sometimes does that , usually when the battery is running low ( I do not use the car daily).
I have not bothered getting it investigated as it has never caused any problems.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #3

i drive mine everyday, and mine too beebs sometimes...i cant figuire out why sometimes but not others...anybody know?
kyle986driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #4

The most common cause is the center console lid is not fully closed. This can sometimes happen when you lock it with the key and the action also depresses the button.

It is not necessary to have the AC or radio off. However, if you have an aftermarket stereo or a removeable faceplate, this will sometimes cause the vehicle to beep.

Another possibility is hitting the remote button twice in succession. This turns off the interior alarm and gives a beep to let you know.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote