Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 06:10 PM   #1

Locked myself out, crappy service scratched my car.

Fine fine, I am stupid enough to accidentally lock myself and I was at a friends house. Unfortunately, I was at a friends house and my car keys have my apartment keys attached to them and I could not have access to the secondary key of my car.

I end up calling Porsche roadside assistance which were very helpful and called a guy for me to come unlock the car. I was unaware of how this guy would do it and I was eager to see.

Turned out a nightmare. They called the worst guy ever, completely unprofessional. His first thing he said was "I have never worked with a Porsche car before." and right after he started the process.

He used some kind steel rods to enter thru the window and he did not seem to know what he was doing, he did not know from where the door-handle or anything.

He tried for about 20 minutes and after closer inspection I saw a lot of scratches in that black plastic part that connects to the top. The scratches are noticable from a difference.

I ended up telling the guy to leave and while I understand he was not the right person, Porsche roadside assistance should have never called a guy like that. I know it was memorial day and not a lot of people work but they should not have done it.

I ended up with a huge dissapointment and I told them over the phone, they were again very helpful and hopefully they will cover the damages.

I cant drive my car now for a day

aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote