Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

View Poll Results: Which Taillight
Amber and Red 11 20.00%
Clear and Red 33 60.00%
Solid Red 11 20.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #21
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
I saw that car at Hershey this year, Mike. That guy's craftsmanship is unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a few more shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:01 AM   #22

Its great to see people personalising their cars. I don't know about you guys tho but when ever I look at potential classic car purchases I always find my self looking for completely stock examples, especially on the body and interior.

Completely stock cars always go for more money too. Plus I kind of think I like how it'd come out of the factory.

For that reason although Ill continually to improve my car it will always wear what it came with.

So hang on to all the stock bits you take of as people will want them in the future

Can of worms?
YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:07 AM   #23

I can see your point if you were talking about a TT or a GT3, or another highly sought after model, but this forum is all about Boxsters. Inexpensive, high production (relatively speaking) sports cars that depreciate quickly and are affordable for even the most modest of budgets. They are easy to work on and modify, which invites creativity in personalizing one's vehicle to make it stand out from the rest. I don't lose sleep that my latest mod may have reduced the value of my vehicle from $12,000 to $11,500 if it makes me happy. On the other hand, I do own a Viper powered Dodge pick-up that was only made for 3 years and in limited quantities. I keep the stock parts so the next owner can restore it back to stock if they so choose. It has the potential to significantly appreciate over time, where I don't see that happening to my Boxster. I love my Boxster, and I love that I can modify it and not feel any remorse that I might be ruining the future value. I do appreciate that there are those who will keep their Boxster in pristine condition, as they provide great starting points for those who want to build something unique.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I can see your point if you were talking about a TT or a GT3, or another highly sought after model, but this forum is all about Boxsters. Inexpensive, high production (relatively speaking) sports cars that depreciate quickly and are affordable for even the most modest of budgets. They are easy to work on and modify, which invites creativity in personalizing one's vehicle to make it stand out from the rest. I don't lose sleep that my latest mod may have reduced the value of my vehicle from $12,000 to $11,500 if it makes me happy. On the other hand, I do own a Viper powered Dodge pick-up that was only made for 3 years and in limited quantities. I keep the stock parts so the next owner can restore it back to stock if they so choose. It has the potential to significantly appreciate over time, where I don't see that happening to my Boxster. I love my Boxster, and I love that I can modify it and not feel any remorse that I might be ruining the future value. I do appreciate that there are those who will keep their Boxster in pristine condition, as they provide great starting points for those who want to build something unique.
Ye I totally see where you are coming from, ones mans meat is another mans poison I guess. And if you are replacing parts with newer model Porsche parts its not all bad. All I'm saying is in the future WHEN 986's start becoming more sought after it will be the standard early amber light, plastic rear window one first. Iv always found even the most common cars make the best classics as people can relate to them. Id rather see an old car my dad had when I was growing up at a show than what his boss had.

YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote