Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 05:19 AM   #1

My Black top needs help

My boxster spends most of its time indoors in a garage at my shop, across town where I live I have a metal canopy it stays in. My black top is due to a Waterproofing treatment with Nanodyze (Will make water roll off a paper towel)

My problem my top while in great condition is not as black as I would like it to be, after I treat it with the Nanodyze Spray nothing....I mean nothing will stick to it....Ideas my friends

Thanks in advance

Dwigt

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 AM   #2

Garage
Well if you plan on getting it blacker, try using fabric dye, but if it's already waterproofed, then I don't have the slightest clue what will stick to it
cornontherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #3

I have not done the Nanodyse in 3 years, water no longer beads on it.....so I'm thinking dye it and then Nanodyse it. Any ideas on dyes folks ??
Old 05-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #4

Raggtopp protectant (after using their cleanser with a stiff stream of water) will darken the top a few shades. One of the British Porsche magazines had a step by step of the Renovo dye on a Boxster. Amazing result. You'll need both products. A deep cleaning is a must. And you'll have to layer the coats of the dye over several days. Many, many layers will be needed as the fabric sucks down the dye like a sponge. Apply the Raggtopp protectant to finish. And don't get regular car wash soap on it, rinse only with a super soft brush to spot clean.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-13-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #5

I originally started with the Ragtop kit, cleaned it thoroughly and applied the product....stopped beading water after two months....then I went to the Nanodyse..thanks for your help...I will as always research the devil out of it before I do anything