Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #1

Wheel spacers

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but is anyone here running spacers with carrera 18s at STOCK height? I'm thinking of doing the 7mm front/14mm rear combo that seems to be pretty common and I can't find a pic of anything along these lines for the life of me. If someone here has a similar setup and could post pictures that would be awesome. Just trying to see if I like the look before I make the purchase.

boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #2

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/60619-another-tire-thread.html

Check here. I posted pics of my setup. I don't have Carrera 18s though. I have Cayman S 18s. I didn't need a spacer for the back wheels and I used a 15mm on the fronts.
'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, GT projectors, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #3

Great looking car! If my research is correct, those wheels are 18x8 et57 front and 18x9 et43 in the rear? So your setup would be the equivalent of a 9mm rear spacer and a 15mm front spacer for me. Not exactly what I'm looking for but a solid reference point nonetheless. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #4

Don't forget that adding spacers usually puts more pressure on your wheel bearings and might cause them to wear out prematurely.

With that said, I have 18 inch Carrera aftermarket rims on my boxster with 5mm spacers.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #5

I'm aware of the risks. The car in question has low miles and I don't plan on driving it too much so if a bearing fails at 90k instead of 100k it doesn't really matter because it will probably never get there under my ownership lol