Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #1

WTB GT3 center console delete kit(I know wrong section....)

Just as the title states. I'm looking for a center console delete that works for the 986. I'm aware of a couple places but I am trying to see if I can find a cheaper source. For the guys that have already done this, where did you find your kit and how much? Thank you and apologies ahead of time as I'm aware this is the wrong section to post a WTB, but I'd figure this as more of a discussion.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
inveniam viam aut faciam

I put those parts in my '03 S and it was one of the best "upgrades" that I have done. I am kind of tall (6' 3") so I was always driving with my calf on the center console. Getting rid of that made a huge difference to me, athough I no longer have a good place to put my phone. Porsche has somehow made a business of charging more for less with people being happy about it, and I guess this is one of those cases.

If you do a search on the part number (98655211302A10 for black), the lowest prices on main piece in black is about $155-$165 + shipping. Of course this site is run by Pelican, so the PC answer to your question is to get it from Pelican Parts.

You will also need the small cover behind the shifter, which is $5 or so ( unpainted gray/black plastic). If you can find both parts for less than $180 shipped, you are doing very well.

If you are really lucky, perhaps Woody (itsnotanova) will get a car in with the parts and sell them cheap, but other than that, I doubt that you are going to find them used.

Last edited by Qmulus; 03-17-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post

If you do a search on the part number (98655211302A10 for black), the lowest prices on main piece in black is about $155-$165 + shipping. Of course this site is run by Pelican, so the PC answer to your question is to get it from Pelican Parts.

You will also need the small cover behind the shifter, which is $5 or so ( unpainted gray/black plastic). If you can find both parts for less than $180 shipped, you are doing very well.

Thank you for the heads up! I've always hated that little bin since I got the car. It makes the interior look too cluttered and compact.

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #4

Woody made one, described in this post around halfway down the page:

http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/59449-woodys-build-thread-5.html
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
I put those parts in my '03 S and it was one of the best "upgrades" that I have done. I am kind of tall (6' 3") so I was always driving with my calf on the center console. Getting rid of that made a huge difference to me, athough I no longer have a good place to put my phone. Porsche has somehow made a business of charging more for less with people being happy about it, and I guess this is one of those cases.
At 6'4" I agree that this was a great upgrade! More room and make heel and toeing easier
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Woody made one, described in this post around halfway down the page:

http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/59449-woodys-build-thread-5.html
Mine cost about $5 to make