Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #1

Garage
Indy Shop

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a good Indy shop in Vaughn?

After reading on the forum it seams that the dealer may not have
your best interest in mind. (Do the best inspection)
I understand that they are a business but I would assume that they don't want to
start screwing with guys.

Anyway I would like to take my car to get checked out.

On a side note I bought the car from Pffaf (Porsche Dealer) does any one have any good, bad or in between to say about them?

Thanks Bart

My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 AM   #2

Have a look here at some of the PCA approved shops.

Technical Inspection Forms & Centres | PCA UCR
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:47 AM   #3

don't mean to send you away from this board, but if you want regional information, the rennlist Canada region forum sees a lot of traffic and has a lot of info like you are looking for.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Bryan

Hey Bart

This probably doesn't help much but with the lack of responses so far, you might want to try this guy in East York (wrong side of town, I know). I've used him to resurrect my Boxster from an extended hibernation and I was very happy with the results. He's a certified Porsche mechanic.
Check out his website: Toronto Porsche Repair & Service -European- GTEK Automotive, Toronto, GTA - Porsche
Old 03-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #5

If you are up for a bit more of a drive - there are a couple shops in Kitchener-Waterloo that are solid. Have heard tons of good things about Furtmair - although he is a bit more expensive. There is also Mike at German Autotech - that's who I use and get fantastic service at decent prices. (It's a Porsche, it's still more than your average Ford shop).
Old 03-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #6

And....if you join the PCA Upper Canada Region - you have access to their forums - I'm sure there is someone in your area in the PCA who could advise.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #7

+1 on both Mike at German Autotech and Uli Furtmair. I use Mike now but I have used Uli as well in the past. Both are good choices. I hear good things about Courtney at EU Autoworks from other PCA UCR members.

'01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black, Litronics upgrade / de-ambered
crooster is offline   Reply With Quote