Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
I am my own mechanic....

I was a victim and it was my own fault.

4am. Thought dog was mulling around in my kitchen. I fell asleep in front of the tv again. It just shuts off.

Sit up, look over, dude in my back kitchen area. Slider unlocked. I say oh **************** no and chase him out. I catch my shoulder on the outter doorway and bruise it. Step off deck and twist my knee. It's totally messed up. Can't walk.

Chased him 1 block but my knee couldn't hold up. Turns out he had piled a ton of **************** up at the end of my driveway from the unlocked man door in garage then came back for inside stuff.

Got new iPad, new Mac air book pro, my watch, my wallet, and $41. My own fault. I don't keep a pistol in living room. Just in bedroom and I was on couch.

Can't walk. Massive pain. worst part was I almost grabbed him. Almost. Leg is really messed up now. Can't walk at all.

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Racer Boy

Maybe it was good you didn't grab him. Who knows what he would have done, probably being desperate to not get caught.

Sorry about the misfortune! Hopefully you'll make sure things are locked up in the future, and you'll have scared the low-life away for good.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #3

Crack heads and thieves

I keep 4 handguns at different places in my home just for that reason, at any spot I am 4 steps from one and they are all in a place a child could not get their hands on them. I am sorry for your loss Tim

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

Garage
you can track your iPad and Macbook with the find my iPhone button on the iCloud website. Maybe you can get lucky and lead the po-po to the ****************************.
M1NDCRlME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #5
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I keep 4 handguns at different places in my home just for that reason, at any spot I am 4 steps from one and they are all in a place a child could not get their hands on them. I am sorry for your loss Tim

Dwight
Crashed on couch. No gun in living room but there is under the bed. I'm a serious collector. All I could think of was to kill him. Bare handed because no weapon, then my knee twisted.
I'm in agony. Worst pain ever. Thanks man.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Run

CWP that's the answer I have one or two on me at all times I am never more than arms length from one and just for good measure a few more are stashed around the house. I ran into a burglar at 3 am in my yard if it had not been for the big ass dog I was letting out I may not be here writing this that's the last time I got caught with no firearm. Heal up be happy busted knees and shoulders are the worst of it.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
Certified Boxster Addict

Damn, Inside your house? That is insane!

Rest and heal up soon brother!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #8

I've had similar experience....no matter what your background its very startling when you are woken by an intruder. Don't beat your self up you are alive and everyday that goes by things will smooth out.

I was asleep under a window ....the guy came in on top of me...imagine his surprise

Be well
Old 03-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #9
On the slippery slope

Garage
That really sucks Tim. You have had a crappy few months
And all this time I thought SLC was really safe
He must have had some big balls to go in the house with you in it
Heal fast and find the ****************er
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #10

Damn!! I'm just glad it didn't turn out worse. I'm sorry you went through all that. All the best in your recovery, and if you ever track him down, kick him in the crotch a few times for me.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #11

I keep my handguns in a safe and have thought about the "inconvenience" of when I would need them. But with children in the household, I have yet to come up with a good answer, other than conceal carry; which I would prefer not to do.
dijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #12

I hate to sound like an advertisement but here it is: I'm an average size guy, 5'10" 180. I carry a Sig P220 which is a heavy gun. I bought a Milt Sparks belt and holster and I wear it until I get in bed. Seriously, it's like it isn't there. I live here with my five year old Daughter and I spend a lot of time playing on the floor, running, jumping, climbing etc and I never feel the weight or bulk. Right now, she is asleep, stretched across my lap and I'm not concerned about a home invasion. There is a waiting list so order soon. If anyone wants pictures or any other info, just message me.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #13
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Man, we live in different worlds. I know nobody who owns a handgun. I'm sorry for your misfortune Timco, but I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. The knee will get better.
YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #14

Where in SLC? I live in West Jordan.
littlewiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
Man, we live in different worlds. I know nobody who owns a handgun. I'm sorry for your misfortune Timco, but I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. The knee will get better.
The attitude and gun laws are very different up here. I know a few gun owners, but no one who actually walks around with one on them. It is a very hard thing to get a permit to carry here. Timco, sorry for misfortune!
pony13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
.....worst part was I almost grabbed him. Almost. Leg is really messed up now. Can't walk at all.
Sad to hear about your loss and injuries bud. Having a bad year :/ sorry to hear

Always said guns sucks, Tim.... unless of course you are Clint Eastwood, its near imposible to hit a moving target with a bullet the size of a finger nail. Static trajectory, have to reload, noisy, etc... Besides, hand gun wounds often fix with 3M band-aids lolll

Buy yourself a pair of Rottweillers like I did - train and treat them good. In fact I always had Rotties and as far as I can remember... since back when I was in CA. It was Dad's hobby and clearly he passed that passion over to me. Wouldn't live in peace if I didn't had my puppies around with me They also go where I often hang out... circuit, shop, park, sometime the office, and I occasionaly plan my local weekend escape in a way that I can load up the 2 puppies in the back of the mini-van.

When my 2 heavyweight launch, grab and start shaking a 100kg (object) just like it is a laundry dirty sock, its never ends up pretty

Guns (pfff) lol
Old 03-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #17

Best car protect system ever also 24/7. Never runs out of DC12volts (or bullets )

Old 03-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #18
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewiggler View Post
Where in SLC? I live in West Jordan.
Just east of the SL Reigonal hospital. By the U.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:37 PM   #19

Garage
Sorry to hear Tim, get well, stuff can be replaced. This world, sometimes.....I hate to hear things like this. March 1, a local police officer, 29 years old, was killed by a meth addict who had just been released by the same police department, went to a park after stealing some guns, shot a couple rounds, knowing the police would come, hid, and ambushed the responding officers. The memorial is tomorrow. The police officer was an NYPD officer whow moved to Texas, thinking he would be safer. He leaves behind a fiance and his parents. Like I said, this world we live in......be safe out there.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #20

Sorry to hear about your misfortune but apart from the knee everything else is easily replaced. Something like that is not your fault, its the crazies that live everywhere.

I consider you lucky that you did not have the opportunity to shoot the intruder as it would have complicated your life and cause some serious stress.

I have several guns as well that live in the safe because I really don't want to shoot anyone if they are just after material things.

I have struggled with keeping a gun in a drawer beside my bed since I know that if I do use the gun I will actually have to kill the intruder, due to the laws in the US.
If I wound him, I'm really forced to finish the job so that I don't end up getting sued and having to pay millions of dollars for pain and suffering to the intruder.

Ever wonder why police never try to slow someone down rather than killing them?
Its a case of liability and that dead men tell no lies. So its always shoot to kill for them.

I can't imagine having to kill someone, unless my family is in mortal danger.

I have a dog for early warning, and hope it never comes to me having to get the gun, but if I do I know that I will have to go all the way.

Sad state of affairs really but that's how things are here.
Sometimes I feel like mankind is going off the rails and perhaps its time for a mass extinction so things can start over.
Nature seems to be trying to kill us off be we are proving to be a very resilient species.

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 03-04-2016 at 09:31 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote