Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #1

101 projects

Are all the projects in the book listed on Pelicans website or are there projects only available in the hardcopy? Thanks in advance.

nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

All on the pelican site, 101projects.com

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

Plus, online there's often tech discussion notes.

This book goes well with the Bentley book. Bentley has more torque values.

I have the shop manuals I bought on eBay. Thought they covered the 6 speed. They did not. Glad to drop box them.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post

I have the shop manuals I bought on eBay. Thought they covered the 6 speed. They did not. Glad to drop box them.
That would be great! I sure could use the shop manual and sure others too.
CDNIcecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post

The reason the often quoted manuals purchased of fleabay only cover the five speeds is that they only cover the years before the S was introduced, so they basically end in either 98 or 99. A legitimate 13 volume set has supplements that fully cover the six speeds.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:17 AM   #6
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I debated getting the 101 Book, but all of the same material is online, along with more photos which are bigger than the ones you get in the book. But the Bentley manual is a must have for all Boxster owners in my opinion.

The workshop manuals are usual expensive to buy, and unless they have have been meticulously updated, a lot of used ones are often lack most or all of the updates. As JFP in PA has noted in the past, if you do download the online copy of the workshop manuals that are floating around online, be aware that a lot of the values and smaller details have not be updated over time, and a lot of the stuff in the online copies is incorrect. That said, I find them useful for certain diagrams that are not available anywhere else.

You can always get per article or per hour access to Porsches online technical system:
https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=GVOStart
Old 02-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #7

[QUOTE=rick3000;483825]I debated getting the 101 Book, but all of the same material is online, along with more photos which are bigger than the ones you get in the book. But the Bentley manual is a must have for all Boxster owners in my opinion.

The workshop manuals are usual expensive to buy, and unless they have have been meticulously updated, a lot of used ones are often lack most or all of the updates. As JFP in PA has noted in the past, if you do download the online copy of the workshop manuals that are floating around online, be aware that a lot of the values and smaller details have not be updated over time, and a lot of the stuff in the online copies is incorrect. That said, I find them useful for certain diagrams that are not available anywhere else.

You can always get per article or per hour access to Porsches online technical system:
[url]https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInfosystem/VFModuleManager?Type=GVOStart[/url
perfect! exactly what I was wondering
Old 02-14-2016, 08:38 AM   #8

thanks

Sorry about the confusing reply. I don't know how to use the quote feature correctly. Thank you for the responses, all my questions or concerns about manuals have been answered and then some!