Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2016, 02:28 AM   #1

stuck fuel filler door ! Help please

For whatever reason the locking mechanism on my 02 S is stuck in the locked position. Last week at the gas station I was able to hit the lock/unlock button on the dash several times and was able to get the door open. I'm at a half a tank and will have to fill her up this weekend. Last night in the garage I locked/unlocked several times and could NOT get the door open. I did a search for fuel door and stuck fuel door and came up empty.

1.So is there an override or mechanical way to get the fuel door open without damaging anything ?
2.Once I get it open should I attempt to spray WD40 or similar to lubricate the lock rod ?
3.The car currently does not have the OEM ECM or immobilizer in it I'm running on a borrowed unit until mine comes back from repair. So I can't use the key FOB to unlock the car. I have to manually unlock the car and fire her up before the alarm goes off. I asked Jake if he thought this was the reason for the fuel door issue and he thought no it's just a stuck door. He probably is right but I thought I would throw that fact out there.

Any advice/help is appreciated as I have to feed the beast !

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #2

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/29149-cant-open-fuel-door.html

This thread mentions several possible solutions.

I hope one works for you.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:16 AM   #3

Haha I just found that link by searching on the web. I had forgotten about the manual cable in the passenger fender. I will try that as a temporary work around. Thanks
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

Garage
If you have a durametric cable, then try unlocking it through the interface.

cornontherob is offline   Reply With Quote