Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #21

I have small narrow feet, so for me, I had to approach an optimal pedal setup in two stages:

1) Get a brake pedal which is longer (top to bottom) than the stock pedal. (Most aftermarket metal pedals have larger surfaces than stock). Position the new pedal cover so that I can easily brake with the ball of my foot (the one attached to the big toe) without having to slide my foot up the pedal from its resting position. For my foot size, this meant mounting the new pedals slightly low on the stock bases.

2) Since I "heel and toe" with the right edge of my foot, got a gas pedal cover that is wider near the top of the left side. Played around with the lateral position so that when I brake with the ball of my right foot, all I have to do is roll my right foot slightly to the right to blip the gas pedal (but not so close that you hit the gas when all you wanted to do was brake). Since I used Vostek Competition pedals, it also had an extension at the bottom of the pedal, but I never use it. Also, since the Vostek gas pedal is kind of thick, it effectively brought the gas pedal into the same plane as the brake pedal when the brake pedal is fully depressed.

It took me 2 1/2 sets of pedals to get it right, but the results are worth it. You really need to tailor it to your feet and driving style.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29.../LeMans320.jpg

Last edited by Orient Red; 03-15-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Orient Red is offline   Reply With Quote