Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 06:36 AM   #1

Driver Seat Rails

While reinstalling the driver seat, I accidentally hit the for aft handle. What this did was misaligned the inboard and outboard seat rails. Can anyone tell me how I can get the two back in position so the rails will align to bolt down to the floor? Thanks in advance. If it matters, the car is a base 02 with the electric seat back and a manual for aft control.

Last edited by Richardbruce; 01-06-2016 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
Richardbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I would take the seat out of the car. Then lay it on it's back. At this point I pulled the adjustment lever and pushed the seat front towards the ground. I used the hard ground to basically push the back sides of the rail forward while pulling the lever. Once you get them even, you should be good to go. I hope this helps.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
I would take the seat out of the car. Then lay it on it's back. At this point I pulled the adjustment lever and pushed the seat front towards the ground. I used the hard ground to basically push the back sides of the rail forward while pulling the lever. Once you get them even, you should be good to go. I hope this helps.

Yes, I agree. I just had my seats out to recondition/re-dye and the same thing happened - it's almost unavoidable. Follow this procedure.

One warning - it is easier to remove the seats with the top down. If you do this, don't use the key after it is down. You'll trigger an airbag warning light and need Durametric or dealer to reset (as I need to do now).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #4

Thx very much for your help, worked like a charm.
Richardbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Awesome glad I could help

tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote