Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #21
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk986 View Post
After much looking everywhere... No cable found. How to open without cable ?? Cut the latch ? and if this is my next option how to do so, without damage to hood.
You have a cable. If it is not tucked up cleverly between the right headlight housing and the outside of the frunk, it has been moved. It may be hanging down by the horns, it may be near the tow hook hole. Frustrating as it is, finding the cable is a far better option than cutting structure.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #22
Beginner

Garage
I checked the front latch to better answer your question. It is buried in structure, so no popping the trunk open easily. Even if the metal skin on the hood were removed, it would not be a simple task to operate the latch to get the hood open. It's as if the designers of the latch intentionally made it difficult to pop open. Really the easiest way to get the hood open would be to cut a square out of the hood over the latch, cut the exposed latch itself from the hood, then get a new hood from Woody. If you try to cut in any other way you'd go through the front plastic bumper and then through the metal structure that holds the latch, which cannot be easily replaced.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #23

Update, was getting ready to assemble iner wheel well liner and decided to look one last time for the missing emergency cable.. this time after looked once again where the cable shoud be I decided to look under the front bumber cover throught the two opening and just out of the corner of my eye I could see it!! I was now able to release the latch and open frunk and have now reloated cable to a good safe location. This story has happy ending!
volk986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #24
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Awesome!! I'm glad it worked out for you

tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote