Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #1

What is this thing in intake area? CEL P1128?

Hi, folks. I have a quick question for you. I have 01' Boxster S 120k. Recently, CEL was on and reader says P1128. So, I ordered MAF sensor and am cleaning all the intakes and throttle valve until the sensor arrives. During cleaning I found this thing in photo dangling under the throttle valve Tee. Is it supposed to be connected somewhere? It was under the lower tee (rear side) that has throttle valve. When i removed the throttle valve tee, it was under the tee dangling. I see small rubber holes under the another black air intake tee (front side) that might fit this thing, and I'm wondering it was from the rubber hole.... If you let me know, it would be great. Thanks in advance

John

jhbaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #2

Garage
The black & white part is a 1way valve & should be pressed into the small "tube" at the bottom of the intake crossover tube sleeve. That will probably cure the trouble code.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #3

Thanks for quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
The black & white part is a 1way valve & should be pressed into the small "tube" at the bottom of the intake crossover tube sleeve. That will probably cure the trouble code.

Thanks much! I reconnected and put the throttle valve back and reset the code by battery disconnection. Hopefully it fixes it. Test driving shows original strength so far. Again, thanks much for quick answer.

John
jhbaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
I am my own mechanic....

That check valve is for the SAI. If it's not plugged in you get a no SAI related code.

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote