Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 05:11 AM   #1

Becker CDR220 CD Changer Cable

G'day all,

As yet another soul in search of the ultimate iPod solution for a stock Becker CDR220 head unit (MY02 Boxster S), I've decided to take a slightly different approach to any that I've seen previously, but I'm stuck with a question about the CD changer cable.

I've activated the Aux input on the CDR220 with the intention of using a (non-FM frequency) wireless transmitter to send the iPod audio to a receiver mounted in the space where the CD changer would otherwise sit. The two RCA plugs provided for the CD changer provide the audio into the head unit, which works perfectly, but as the receiver needs DC power I'd like to tap into the 12V provided by the CD changer cable.

Unfortunately, as you would all know, the CD changer cable is a strange plug that I have never seen before.

Does anyone know whether a socket can be purchased for this plug, or if not, whether the plug can be removed to tap into the 12V feed from the head unit?

Many thanks to all in advance,

James
MY02 Boxster S, Australia

jamesatfish is offline   Reply With Quote