Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #21
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
Back when I had a 914, another unloved P-car, we would have our own get togethers organized by a couple of forum members. Sometimes just do a local event like in Atlanta for a cook out and shoot the breeze. Some were long weekend events to destinations with some good driving roads like the Tail of the Dragon. It was quite a site to see 25 - 30 914s of various colors parading down the road.

I have always loved the 914! And that pic is awesome with so many. Seriously thought of trying to find a '73 2.0, but am ultimately going to end up (in 2 days!) in a 986.

grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #22
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
I think local Boxster clubs with a loose National connection would be a good idea. I have been a member of PCA for 2 years and I feel like a red heade stepchild because I dont drive a 911. The PCA monthly rag never has stories or articles on Boxsters......Are there any Boxster owners in the Metro Atlanta area that are interested in getting together for a casual meeting/ get together?
You guys must be in a different PCA than me. I see articles all the time in both regional and national mags featuring Boxsters. Our local tours, AX, and track day events are often 30% Boxsters. Note our May cover:
http://gpx.pca.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/May-2015-Circuit.pdf

In the end, all social clubs are only a good as you make them to be. There will always be folks you like, and those you don't like. Hang out with the ones you like. Want to do some Boxster only events? Put together a "Boxster's only" tour of your favorite road and run it through your PCA with the benefit of free advertising and free PCA insurance to CYA if someone gets stupid. Want to see a Boxster article in Pano? Write a cool story about your car or your road trip or whatever. Mags always want interesting content with good pics. Tom Stone's 2 year journey into Boxster Spec Racing would be a good example.

When I joined PCA 10 years ago there were some things I liked and some things I wanted to change, so I got involved in the leadership and changed it. No reason to fear those old dudes with 40 yr old cars, motors hanging aft of the rear axle and cooled by about 5 gallons of oil. We have a shared enthusiasm for Porsche and really have a lot more common interests than differences. If someone annoys me, I simply move on and hang with the folks I like.

Last edited by Topless; 09-22-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote