Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizmi View Post
Driving stick isn't the issue. I have driven stick since the 90's. I just think an auto/tip would be easier for my driving. At least for now it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get what you want. You are the one driving it. The Tip and/or PDK are fantastic transmissions and the car still packs tons of power even without the clutch/stick combo. I've driven both - and while the stick is fun, for everyday use, I'm very happy with my PDK.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCactus View Post
Personally, try and find yourself a 'S' version 6 speed.... you will thank yourself for doing so... or what the *^%(! its only money.... grab it!!
I agree. If the premium for an S is not that great I always say go for that first. It's a good value in the second-hand market.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #23

turbo Boxsters with less cylinders and displacement. All the specs are already out on the net.

So the window for ordering 6 cylinder Boxsters, Caymans and even 911s is closing. There will still be a few premium priced top end 6-cylinder normally aspirated models of each available for a while. But base and S Boxsters, Caymans and 911s will be 4-cylinder turbos.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #24

I drove stick for about 30 years, then the area grew, traffic got bad and my 8 minute commute turned into 45 minutes of hell. I noticed one day when I borrowed my wife's auto car how much more relaxed I was when I got home. Didn't have a sore left leg.

Both my Boxsters were automatic TIPs and they were still fun.

Rockville Porsche evolved from Manhattan Motors in Bethesda IIRC. I bought my first Porsche from them in 1970.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizmi View Post
I have been looking for months now and think I've found the one. Id love to hear advice on whether it's a good deal and if there should be any concerns I'm missing.
2007 Boxster base midnight blue with tan interior. Automatic/tiptronic with 33,124 miles. Price is $23981 plus tax tags and all the other BS. Serviced from Porsche of Rockville MD.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my! ~ I'm about to pass out!

jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote