Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #1

Garage
Lightbulb Help - Stereo settings keep resetting

Hey folks - hopefully someone can help me... I installed a double din into my car and everything seemed great... until this morning I start the car up and the stereo unit turns on and works but all the settings and setup I did last night seem to be gone.... it reset back to factory (lighting configuration, EQ settings, etc). Any idea if I did something wrong during install that which cause this ???

Another question - Has anyone ever bought a 7" double din Android, Touchscreen, Nav, GPS, etc stereo system from China - the China no-name ones for like $200us or so.... they seem to be an amazing deal price wise.... any one try them ??

Thanks Everyone

Old 08-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #2

The wires for constant power(yellow), and accessory (red) need to be swapped in the harness.
alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

I had it happen to me when I installed mine as well. If you got a wiring harness, you might want to double check that, because the color coded wires might be wrong. Like said above, switch the constant power wire with the accessory wire.
hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm001 View Post
The wires for constant power(yellow), and accessory (red) need to be swapped in the harness.
alm001, has it right. This just happened to me, when I put my single din, and tablet in. I ended up crossing the red and yellow wires to fix it. As for the Double Din units form China, my brother had one in his car. It was horrible!! He took it out and sold it. It is why I ended up putting a Nexus 7 tablet in the car, instead of one of those. Not to mention you can get a Nexus 7 for around $80 on ebay.
pony13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #5

Garage
Thanks guys, I will try and fix it tonight if the rain stops... I tell ya this place is worth its virtual weight in gold !!