Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #1

It doesn't fit

I have a 99 Boxster and it has dents on the frunk and trunk coming from the inside out where the braces are.My box is artic silver and I found a 2002 artic silver in a strip yard with a blown engine.I bought the frunk,trunk,clam shell and complete spoiler assembly for a mere $340,great deal I think.My problem is I installed the clamshell and it doesn't fit too good.It has large gaps about 3/4 inch on each side and the front of the fits tight around the top.I took it back off and measured it against my 99 clamshell and the 2002 is one inch shorter than the 99,The frunk,spoiler and trunk fits perfect.My 99 cover fits perfect but not the 2002.Any ideas why it doesn't fit?

Old 08-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

This sounds like it's probably not your problem, but I've heard of where the inner slides weren't kept properly lubricated and the quarter panels were actually deformed and pushed out.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
This sounds like it's probably not your problem, but I've heard of where the inner slides weren't kept properly lubricated and the quarter panels were actually deformed and pushed out.

Thanks for the reply.I laid both covers on the floor end to end (the ends that bolt to the hinges) the 99 cover is one inch wider than the 02 cover.