Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #1

Unhappy PCA membership

I'm a joiner I guess....recently I joined PCA hoping to get info on events and discounts. I am just amazed at how unresponsive this group has been...4 weeks to process my membership...the username and password they supplied me doesn't work on their website (sent 4 emails in 5 days) and no response. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I belong to NSRA and Good Guys and these two organizations are top flight.

stock as a rock
ford40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #2

Takes a long long time. I didn't get my first crappy Panorama magazine for nearly 3 months!

But, membership did get me into my local PCA club as well, and they have some very cool events for members that are cheap or free... including autocross, high speed "driver's education" etc.

I have not found any PCA membership benefits beyond this such as discounts, etc.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
bmussatti

I had the same experience. Took forever, and the password and user name did not work. All is good now!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #4

Reasuring to know that others have had a similar experience....I was beginning to think it was personal!
stock as a rock
ford40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #5

same crappy response..is the website running now-they told me they had moved and the website was not working properly a few weeks ago..
docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #6

still waiting for mine too

Oh well...
BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #7

guys, PCA national just processes memberships. get online and find your local chapter. you'll start to get their newsletter soon enough. i guarantee their websites will tell you ALL you need to know. there is something going on somewhere every week, and it is simply a blast. the people are wonderful. best of luck; sorry it's taking them so long. trust me, it's money WELL spent.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #8

Hi,

Don't know what the problem could be. I re-upped 18 days ago (mailed in my check) and just received my new PCA Membership cards in today's mail. That seemed pretty fast to me...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #9

Remember all PCA board members work in a voluntary bases, it is somewhat frustrating, so in other words it gets done when there is spare time or so, eventually, you will get the panorama and porschenut magazine in a regular way.
PS. If you move be prepared for another delay.
:ah:
boxtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #10

The only Porche club experience I've had where they've totally had their s#1+ together is with the North Country region (VT, NH, ME). You have got to check out their website - registration for all events is on-line, instantaneous confirmation of registration status with updates all through the process by email. They have you create a car / DE profile where you keep all your particulars so no re-entry required and can pay for events with PayPal. Truly outstanding. And nice people, to boot! The people that set up their site (AFAIK) moved to CA last year and are likely working the same magic with their new region somewhere along the left coast.

Last edited by donv; 04-22-2006 at 06:52 PM.
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #11

Is there a local PCA board for your region? I would advise finding it, logging on, and getting to know people and become involved in your local events. As a nationwide basis, you will not get much out of the membership, but if your local PCA region is at all active, the $40 spent is well worth it. We have a blast with our local chapter.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #12

i just joined too..... i imagine they processed my credit card quickly!

Rondog is offline   Reply With Quote