Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Boxster 1999 2.5

Roof Latch question

Hi all,

A quick question, which I will probably spend far too long asking and explaining!

The soft-top on my 1999 Boxster was not opening, and a local auto electrician found it was the roof microswitch in the interior roof light panel.

Bought a replacement off fleebay with the same part number (996.618.210.02), fitted it, and the soft-top now goes up and down like a dream!

Now I have the new exciting problem of the windows not going all the way up when the soft-top is up. They are fine with the hardtop on or if the soft-top is down, but when the softtop is up they will not go higher than about 3 inches from the top (the same distance they drop when you starting dropping the roof)

Both panels have the same number, but the old one I had is marked 1999, and the new one is marked 2002. Is there a difference?

I have noticed my old 1999 one has two distinct microswitch 'clicks' when you push your finger into it (one at the bottom and one at the top), but the 2002 one only has one click.

I'm starting to think the 2002 one is one microswitch missing - I am correct? Anything I can do or shall I just get a 1999 one?

Thanks all!

ukguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:44 AM   #2

I know this is an extremely old post but some viewers might still be interested. Yes, as far as I am aware the earlier ones have two microswitches and the later ones just one. The single microswitches are for sale on eBay as a kit with the 2 starlock washers. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134548425402

Grubber is offline   Reply With Quote