Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 08:02 AM   #1

Newport RI Road Trip: Road Advice?

The wife and I are taking our first official Boxster road trip to Newport, RI this weekend. On the way down I'm going to avoid tolls all together and highways a little bit.

I was hoping for some good road suggestions to carve for the return trip from Newport to Maine. I'm looking for some decent options through RI, eastern CT, and central MA (I know my way around NH and ME). I'm trying to stay away from the 95 corridor through Boston and all that mess. The more go and less slow the better.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #2

Take 495S, 95S is going to be a mess depending on the time of day your coming thru. So coming down that way it would be 495S to 295S to 138E. Maybe use the WAZE app to help with the traffic updates.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #3

Garage
yes take 495s but if you are leaving friday you might hit some traffic there too. Saturday morning should be good. Its a nice 4 laner with smooth roads you should be able to open er up a little. then take 95s, dont worry you wont be on it for long then take 295s. again nice wide smooth road. take it all the way and it dumps into 95s then route 4. RT4 might be busy with the beaches opening but you cannot avoid it. Supposed to be a nice weekend ENJOY!