Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Brighton Boxster

Garage
Headlight Washers

I just got my 2003 Boxster S on April 13, so I am still playing with various things. I knew that three of the four nozzles were missing for the Headlight Washers, but decided to activate them to see what would happen. Well, one squirted in the wrong direction, and the other three just gushed fluid straight up in the air. I wiped down the car and decided that I did not really need this feature so I would not be spending a large sum to get it working properly. Next morning, I found a large puddle under the front left corner of the car, and a steady drip of some kind of fluid. I collected some and determined that it was washer fluid, a bit pink in color. When the leak finally stopped, the car told me that my washer fluid was low. I presume that a hose either burst or popped off a fitting. In any case, I presume that I must remove a wheel and then a fender liner in order to access the problem and fix it. Is this correct ? I have not yet used my windshield washers - do they use the same pump ?

Old 05-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #2

take out the headlight and you will gain acsess to it. could be cracked or a loose hose. I happened to have a spare so I swapped out the cracked unit. Why did I have a spare? Years ago after buying some stuff from D.C. auto I asked about the washer nozzles, the guy said they have a bunch of them laying in a pile so he sent 2 complete assembalies for FREE! I had 1 missing upon purchase, the other one flew off when it was accidently acctivated. Never use them. Recent leak occured after fixing a cracked headlight mounting plate. They are marked left and right for the washer, however the knozzles snap in and out of a socket. Good luck!
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #3

P.S. Yes they use the same pump and resevoir however the lights must be ON for the headlight washer to work when activated

nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote