Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #1

My Collection is complete!

It's been an interesting experience creating this collection. Each car has it's own personality. The two Porsche's are a little similar to each other but the Cayman is stiffer. The BMW's couldn't be much different from each other but I love them both. The 335 is pretty highly modified and is the fastest car I have ever owned. The Z4M with the S54 engine is a joy with it's naturally aspirated motor and dialed chassis. The hood seems very long on the Z4 and I feel like I am sitting on the back wheels. The Boxster feels more like I am sitting WAY up front comparatively. I have to say the one thing the Porsche's have in spades is the sweetest engine note I have ever heard, particularly at high RPM's.

bwillia080261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #2
Hawaiian Driver

Congratulations on the fine line up. I can only imagine what your annual insurance bill must be!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #3

color wise that zenith blue boxster stands out
do you have a black interior and black top on it or i'm not seeing it right?

any chance you can post a pic of it?
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #4

The 335 is pretty highly modified

PLease tell us more
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
color wise that zenith blue boxster stands out
do you have a black interior and black top on it or i'm not seeing it right?

any chance you can post a pic of it?
It is actually a blue top and a two tone interior. Sand beige with black. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I have to say I think the Boxster is the most fun to drive of all of the cars. Ironic since it is the one with the least monetary value.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Driver View Post
Congratulations on the fine line up. I can only imagine what your annual insurance bill must be!
It's actually not that bad. Not pictured is a 2014 Subaru Forester XT and all five cost me around $175 a month full coverage. Geico is an awesome company.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Driver View Post
I was thinking you were going to say "annual income" ! Tell me there are more than 2 drivers in your family !
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia080261 View Post
It's actually not that bad. Not pictured is a 2014 Subaru Forester XT and all five cost me around $175 a month full coverage. Geico is an awesome company.
I was surprised with my Geico rate too, I have a '13 F30 328i xdrive; '11 E93 335is and the '01 Boxster S and pay about $135/month for full coverage.
mump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #9
Certified Boxster Addict

Great group of cars and a nice family photo! Ever consider adding a 911?
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia080261 View Post
It is actually a blue top and a two tone interior. Sand beige with black. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I have to say I think the Boxster is the most fun to drive of all of the cars. Ironic since it is the one with the least monetary value.
oh awesome! definitely want to see some pictures. i have the zenith blue with the grey top and was looking to replace it with a blue one.
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
PLease tell us more

OK, Here goes. Left to right

06 Imola Red Z4M with 56K miles. I bought this out of Texas last year and Adjusted the valves, replaced all the brakes with new rotors, sensors and a fluid flush and then changed the plugs and every fluid and filter. Added a black hood and aftermarket wheels and tires.

08 335 coupe with 65K miles black with saddle interior. I also bought this out of Texas but have had it many years. This little beauty has the Dinan cold air intake, exhaust, inter-cooler, springs and sway bars. A set of 19" wheels and tires and Bilstein sport struts and shocks. It also has a very aggressive Cobb tune. Very, very quick and fun in the canyons.

01 Boxster S with 67K miles and loaded with all options. I bought this from a desperate dealer in Chicago for a song! This poor car had been sitting in a barn for a long time with stuff stacked on it. The front springs were shot. Also the mice had gotten into it and had eaten through the cabin filter and put dog food into the front boot and the duct work for the HVAC. I spent the winter rebuilding this with an IMS bearing, RMS and Cam seal, new clutch, new exhaust, new brakes with rotors and sensors and a fluid flush. All new fluids and filters and plugs and cleaned the throttle body. A new gauge cluster and a blower motor. This car is a blast and I am proud of it and love the color. This is my girlfriends favorite car to drive.

07 Cayman S 45K miles with only electric seats, Zenon's and the big wheel and tire option. I bought this car in Denver and I've only had it a few weeks and it needs nothing but soon I will give it new plugs, filters and synthetic gear lube in the tranny. I just put Cayman R stripes on the sides and tinted the windows but those are not in the picture. This is the best handling car I have ever driven.

I had a chance to go the "Mitty" vintage car race at Road Atlanta two weekends ago and they had a class called the "Stuttgart Cup" which is only Boxster's and Cayman's. That was a thrill.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
I was thinking you were going to say "annual income" ! Tell me there are more than 2 drivers in your family !
I am an empty nester and the only driver! Yes....I know I have a problem! LOL
Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Great group of cars and a nice family photo! Ever consider adding a 911?
I will have a Carrera S or 4S some day but I will have to get the point I can let something go. A turbo would be nice since I live at high altitude but they are pretty pricey. We will see.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #14

wait a minute...
no pre-Bangle Bimmer and no air-cooled Porsche?
Have you ever seen the original Star Wars?
Did you ever have an actual fried Apple pie from McDonald's?
Do you remember when Bruce Jenner was a Bruce?

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote