Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

Question on Brembo caliper compatibility

I am gradually working towards fixing all the miscellaneous issues with our 98 Boxster, and have a few questions on the calipers as the front calipers in our vehicle are in need of being replaced. Seeking some guidance as I am sure others have been here before and I would appreciate the input prior to pulling the trigger:

* What year Boxster S/Brembo Calipers are going to be compatible with our 98 Boxster?

* Do the Brembo calipers require bigger wheels for clearance? Not sure if they are the same as size as the base model and want to make sure they will fit the 16 inch when set up I have.

* Are the regular pads and rotors going to be compatible with this set up? (Pardon my ignorance on this question)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Looking to add: Ferrari 328 GTS | Classic Rolls Royce
Britrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
The calipers on the Boxster are Brembo. The larger S calipers will not fit with 16 inch wheels, you need 17 inch wheels min. If the brakes still work just paint them . If they don't work maybe you can rebuild them. It would be much cheaper than buying new ones.
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:28 AM   #3

Pedro (user ppbon on here) has installed S calipers up front, you can read about it on his website here:

Well, now I can't seem to find the link. The website is here: http://www.pedrosgarage.com and I think there is an article in there somewhere. There are lots of other good articles so even if you don't find the brakes one it should be a fun visit to the site

Centric sells the dust boots and inner seals to rebuild our calipers.

For a 98 boxster these would be the part numbers (if this link works)
ELECTRONIC CATALOG - LOOKUP BY APPLICATION

Front: 143.37013
Rear 143.37009

Centric also makes the brake hardware kits (the clip, rod, and spring thingy) if you want to replace those.

Steve

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote