Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #1

Headers for 97 tip

I have to ask it here in general forum since I did get much response in the performance forum....anybody have ideas about headers that will work with a '97 tip? I have read they can be made to work with modification - what is the mod and what is involved? For info - the '97 had a single cat that is downstream from the exhaust manifold so a simple header swap would be pretty easy (modification aside)

Thanks for the help and ideas-

brewerbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #2

Headers

I put some on my 99 tip. Same cat setup. The only issue with tip is there is a tranny line that will almost touch the header. My tech was able to move it a bit. We put some heat shield cloth around the line. Worked. Some companies stamp a little dent in the offending pipe for clearance mine didn`t.
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold

Last edited by Xpit77; 04-03-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #3
Need For Speed

Garage
I was looking into this for you. It appears on a 97 that headers will reduce lower throttle response and torque and just give a little more HP in the high end of the RPM range.

Not sure this is worth pursuing.